Four Weeks to Go

Four Weeks to Go 


June 20, 2024 (Tbursday)

Just doing the usual pre-Camino training.
  • Yoga
  • Pickleball
  • Hiking
Yoga helps with balance and mental spirit. After a good session, I feel so much calmer about the things around me.

Pickleball gets me moving and builds self-confidence that I have some athletic abilities at my age.

Hiking is the gold crown. I have been taking my loaded backpack out on club hkes. It feels pretty good as I move along the trails here. Going uphill or downhill is not an issue. I suppose I need to up the distances that I am walking here, but I have always found hike training to be boring LOL

Three Weeks To Go

Did something to my right hamstring. When under constant slight tension, e.g. foot on gas pedal or brake, ti hurts.
I strongly suspect that it is the fast twitch muscle because pickleball requires rapid starts and stops, and sudden changes in direction. These are muscles that I use much less often in my daily exercise routine.
Reached out to physical therapist, Alex, and she is recommending sets of exercises to help the damaged muscle repair itself over time.
The problem is that I don't want to give up pickleball.

Gimli and Cosi relaxing in the backyard

Almost Shivasana

I attempt and it usually fails to reach Shivasana on the Camino because I am singularly focused on the trail. 
The mundane like stones/rocks, roots and/or ruts pose a tripping hazard.

The beauty of the forests, parks, fields, mountains and farms are such a joy to behold.

But sitting in my backyard watching these two simply enjoy the moment certainly does present a Shivasana moment (or moments) LOL.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 04: From Bilboa to Portugalete

Two Weeks To Go

Day 06: From Ontón to Castro Urdiales